TUTORIAL: How to Add Text to My Recipe Cards


I sat down the other day to write-up a tutorial on my favorite way (and the EASIEST way) to add text to my Recipe Cards and it just got too long!!  So I thought - THIS would be SO MUCH BETTER in a video format... so here we are!  My tech-savvy teen helped me shoot and edit it and I think it turned out pretty great - I definitely need to do more of these!!

A few points you should know:

  • To add text to JPEGS - you need a graphic editing program
  • To add text to PDF's - you need Adobe Reader, Word or a PDF Editor
  • All of my recipe printables (cards and binders) come with both JPEGS and PDF's
  • It's up to you to decide which will be easier to work with
  • Generally speaking, adding text to JPEGS is easier than adding text to PDF's

In this video I'm showing you how to add text to a JPEG using a simple graphic program called Scrapbook Max. The instructions in this video would likely be similar in many other graphic editing programs for basic functions like importing the JPEG, then adding/moving around text boxes. You can use all kinds of programs like mine - including Print Shop, PhotoShop Elements, MyMemories, Paint... etc... to do the same thing. There are even some free image/jpeg editors online, you just need to look around. It's all very similar! :)

PS... THIS IS NOT THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN ADD TEXT. The written instructions, included with my recipe printables (both the cards and the binders), give you several tips and ways you can add text using various programs (even Word) before you print. Which program you use or the way you do it will entirely depend on your level of computer skills.  Here's another tutorial I did - this one shows how to add text using Adobe Reader.

After the video - come grab your printables!


Use COLETTE to save 20% on any purchase, or use CANVAS30 for 30% off $10+

Happy Printing!


Don't miss new printables, freebies and discounts!
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST or SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER
SHOP NOW  | WHAT IS SCRAPBOOK MAX?  |  TERMS OF USE  |  DISCLOSURE  |  CONTACT

6 comments

  1. I recently purchased Scrapbook Max and am trying to familiarize myself with it. I was wondering if there is a way to make rectangles or circles with this program. I have used Adobe Pagemaker in the past and I really loved all I could do with it. So far I am really enjoying working in Scrapbook Max but am having a little trouble doing all I could with Pagemaker. Thank you in advance for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm printing my recipes from come do I still publish to a jpg?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Michelle... :) Making shapes in Scrapboook Max is easy - but you have to have "shapes". Basically, you bring in a piece of paper (or scrap paper from the top menu), then "apply shape". You can get shapes in the Scrapbook Max store - or I've learned how to make them on my own. Their shapes work like cookie cutters - which I love because I can turn any paper into any kind of shape. If you need extra guidance, email me and maybe we can chat on the phone... :)

    Sassy... I publish mine based on how I intend to print them. If I was working on either the half or full sheet JPEGS, for example, I'd probably publish to a PDF because I would want to print it at home. If I was working on the recipe card jpegs, I'd publish them to jpegs and have them printed as photos. It all really depends, I think, on how you want to print them... :)

    Great questions, guys!
    Colette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just purchased Scrapbook Max and was wondering if I can use it to add text to the designer pages of the recipe binder. It appears they are all in pdf format. Thanks! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Patty... :)

    How fun!! You're right... PDF's don't work in SBM (or most graphic design programs) - so I did convert them to JPEGS for anyone who wants/needs them and put them in a separate listing. Here's a link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/270268275/recipe-binder-jpegs-not-instant-download :)

    Have fun, you'll LOVE what you can do in Scrapbook Max!!
    Colette

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I didn't even knew about a program like this! Now is my wish list! Thank you for all the info!
    And I love your recipe cards!

    ReplyDelete