{FREEBIE!} "Spiritual Selfie" Key Chains & Bookmarks



A few weeks ago our area was SUPER lucky!! As women, mothers, sisters, friends and daughters, we got to meet with 3 Leaders from the General Auxiliary Presidencies of the LDS Church for a Women's Conference! For New Jersey - it was not only an EPIC and rare event, it was very well attended and one of the most uplifting conferences I've participated in. I was so happy to be there with my girls and we were lucky enough to participate in an intimate focus group with one of these amazing ladies; a super special opportunity. I filled my notebook with thoughts and quotes and spent several days pondering on many of the things they shared.  More than once during the meetings, reference was made to 5 specific actions we can do to assure we are living a righteous life... it was referred to as the "Top Five," or as "The High Fives" of the Gospel.  I love concise counsel that is easy to remember, particularly if it's catchy - it helps it stick!

Later I was approached by the Young Women Leaders in my own congregation to design some things for the teenage girls to reinforce some of what was taught.  Of course, I was thrilled!  They wanted a creative way to help the girls identify and remember these 5 important points.  They left the how and the what up to me... so I got to work.  It took me a while to think through how to approach it - and since it was for the teenage girls, I decided I needed to speak their language - so I started brainstorming trendy, twitter-ish, social-media-ish type words and it hit me! SELFIE!! That's what the five points are all about!! Taking a personal inventory of those 5 areas is like literally taking a "Spiritual Selfie!" YAY!! The girls will LOVE this!  And... most importantly, it'll help them remember it!

As I started the design process, I wanted something to outline the 5 points visually... then something they'd be likely to keep/use on a daily basis to remind them.  I found the key chains online (HERE).  These are 2"x1.5"acrylic key chains that fit the 1 7/8" x 1 3/8" image as designed.  The key chain is what I hoped they'd use and carry with them - and the bookmark would be a good reference where the points were outlined specifically.  They were a hit with both the leaders and the girls - so I decided I definitely needed to share them here as well!



UPDATE 6/26/14 :  I've added a 2.25" purple round image to this file.  
A friend found 2.25" acryllic key chains at AC Moore - so this is just another option.


High Five!


Don't miss new printables, freebies and discounts!
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST or SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER
SHOP NOW  | WHAT IS SCRAPBOOK MAX?  |  TERMS OF USE  |  DISCLOSURE  |  CONTACT

8 comments

  1. I love this! I will be downloading/printing and saving it for the right moment with my young women's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I will be downloading/printing and saving it for the right moment with my young women's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! Your creativity is AMAZING!!! I can't wait to use these next month in my lesson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My GOSH! I love this. I wish I could have listened to those talks. They sound amazing! I am printing these off and using them for a FHE this week. I hate to ask this, because you have been so generous, but would it be possible to make one in a larger size that I could print and hang in my children's rooms as another reminder? They are not old enough to have their own set of keys yet ;)
    Thanks again! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Cara... You are so sweet, thank you! I may come back and add to this printable from time to time - I've already been asked for a nugget set to match the 5 things. Cute, huh! A larger size seems like a smart idea as well. Can't say when, but I'll definitely add to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much! We are loving the GC poster each month as we memorize one of the quotes. Last night I did the spiritual selfie FHE lesson and my kids just loved it. They all got up this morning and started "checking things off" and doing their selfie checks. (Hope it lasts longer than a day :) )

    ReplyDelete