How to Make a Deco Mesh Candy Corn Wreath



Cute wreath, huh?!!

 Not only did I have serious fun making this wreath, but with the reaction I got when I posted my sneak peak picture on FaceBook last week, I almost wanted opened a new Etsy Shop!  If you can imagine, my husband nearly fainted when I suggested it.  At the very least, I wanted to run straight back to Michael's to buy more to make a Thanksgiving and Christmas one!  This was such a fun project, I can't wait to make another one and I've been dying to find the time to write up a tutorial so you can make one too!

  However, before you run to the store like a crazy craft lady - I need to warn you that this was not an inexpensive project.  With coupons, it still cost around $50 - so don't start your shopping list unless you are okay spending your whole Michael's budget for the month (and then some).  Here's the good news... I almost had enough to do two wreaths, so is a good project to split the costs and make it with a friend.

Here's what I bought to make mine:

1 Wire Frame (mine is 20")
3 Rolls of 10" Deco Mesh
10-20 Yards of 2-3" Ribbon
1 Roll of Decorative Netting
1 Package of Black Pipe Cleaners
Roll of Mesh Piping

Last night I started editing my photos and typing up a really (REALLY) great tutorial post and I learned something.  I had WAY more fun making this wreath than trying to type up step-by-step instructions.  There are a lot of steps - and trying to explain without a proper spread of photos was near impossible.  

So... my apologies.  I'm seriously going to bail on you now.  Hahaha!!  
Trust me, this video below is way better than any post I could write.  I watched it like 5 times and it's what taught me how to do it.  This way, you can go straight to my source of inspiration!


If you are a candy corn lover like me, you might also like my Printable Candy Corn Gift Boxes and my Candy Corn "Trick or Treat" Banner.

Have fun!


Don't miss new printables, freebies and discounts!
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST or SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER
SHOP NOW  | WHAT IS SCRAPBOOK MAX?  |  TERMS OF USE  |  DISCLOSURE  |  CONTACT

** LINKING UP WITH LIL'LUNA @ LINK PARTY PALOOZA!


6 comments

  1. Love the wreath!!! I need to get brave enough to try making one. I had a not so great outcome making an ornament ball wreath, and I've been scarred ever since! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinkin adorable!!! Pinning!

    ~Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wreath.....I usually don't do the deco mesh because im in love with natural material like burlap. but with your wreath im in love my have to buy some deco mesh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion, this wreath is a STAR in blog land. I love it! Love the colors, love how cheerful it is. Love it all!!! A true star! Come link up to the Fall Wreath challenge at The CSI Project. It is going on right now. Come on over!
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this wreath!! Will be pinning this, it's adorable! Great tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete