Shamrock Canvas Art Tutorial...




St. Patrick's Day is a tough one to decorate for.  There really isn't much out there - and what is out there at the stores is a little blah (okay, it's alot blah).  As I wondered Michael's looking for a project, I saw these darling scrapbook flowers and my wheels started turning!!


In all, I picked up the flower embellishments (which were on sale for $2.99), a 12x12 canvas and a package of brads.  Using a brad poker (sorry, I don't know what it's really called... but it pokes holes for you to make setting brads easier), I poked a hole so the brad would go through the canvas.  I layered the flowers randomly, using both small and large gold and green brads.


In the end, I had a really clean, but totally fun and dimensional shamrock.  I wish I'd have drawn it a little bit bigger and I might go back and enlarge it later, but I really do like how it turned out.


I've never done a March Mantle or decorated for St. Patty's this much before, but it was super fun to put together and the kids love it. You can grab the banner and subway art in my shop if you are feeling the urge to go green!


DON'T FORGET TO USE A COUPON!
Use COLETTE to save 20% on any purchase, or use CANVAS30 for 30% off $10+



Happy Shamrocks!



Don't miss new printables, freebies and discounts!
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST or SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER
SHOP NOW  | WHAT IS SCRAPBOOK MAX?  |  TERMS OF USE  |  DISCLOSURE  |  CONTACT

13 comments

  1. This is really cute. I have done something similar. Made a butterfly with buttons, and paper circles...really cute and fun. Thanks for sharing this tutorial. I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boxes shmoxes! Who needs to pack when there's creativity in action ~ love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! What a great idea! Good luck packing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the texture of those flowers. There goes one more idea of what to do with my future flower punch! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a link up to your mantle? I'm in love with decorating my mantle for each season/holiday and I'd love some St. Patty's Day ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, duh, had I gone to the next post, I would've seen your mantle. Nevermind...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shamrock canvas! So cute and yes, I can envision lots of ways to use this idea. I am your newest follower and look forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! I love this! I agree, the St. Patrick's stuff in the stores is very blah!!! Thank you so much for selecting my Burlap and Clover wreath over at Sugar Bee Crafts! My computer was down and I didn't know you had picked it! It was a very pleasant surprise! I'm pinning your canvas project and putting it on my pinterest bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous!!! I am going to do this with my crafty little guy! And the bulbs too..I have done that before, but seeing yours reminded me its been a few years :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you via Sundae Scoop! I love your March mantel! Very cool! You have given me a ton of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea! The finished piece looks great, what a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable! I'd love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete