FREEBIE PRINTABLE for Summer!



Time to start counting the days until school is out and Summer vacation begins!  Of course, I'm on a countdown as a mom as well... no more early morning alarms, no more sack lunches, no more homework, no more permission slips and finally a break from making dioramas and writing papers!

I'll give you the link to this freebie below... but first, let me show you how I "crafted" mine.


I wanted to do something fun with my countdown buttons and after wandering aimlessly at Michaels, I found bottle caps that happened to be the perfect size!  I also picked up some fresh ModPodge and my newest *favorite* craft product, Dimensional Magic.


I printed my file on regular white paper, trimmed the melons, then adhered them to the top of the bottle cap using ModPodge like it was glue.  In the pictures above (steps 2 - 4) you can see how I applied the Dimensional Magic.  I outlined the edge, then filled it in.


Here's where the patience kicked in... it takes about 3 hours (but better overnight) for the Dimensional Magic to set.  You can see that the tops are a bit cloudy, but after they dried it was like a smooth, clear epoxy topcoat that totally popped the color.


I attached magnets to the inside of the bottle caps... I had to use double stick foam squares because the cap was a little bit too deep for the magnet and it worked perfectly. 


I printed and laminated my main image, then attached it to a framed magnet board I have.  So, so fun!!  Sorry the magnets are still cloudy... they hadn't fully set when I was taking pics last night.


My "Creative Team" helped me out by crafting up a set as well! Lisa from My Digital Creations simply printed, mounted on black and laminated.  She's using ticky-tack to attach the buttons.  Alison from McConkie Menu also laminated hers, but used magnets for the buttons and is hanging it on her fridge.  Thanks for your help, ladies... it's always fun to see how someone else finishes my printables!

SUMMER COUNTDOWN FREEBIE {HERE}

Happy Summer!


Don't miss new printables, freebies and discounts!
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST or SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER
SHOP NOW  | WHAT IS SCRAPBOOK MAX?  |  TERMS OF USE  |  DISCLOSURE  |  CONTACT

6 comments

  1. So fun! Bottle caps are my favorite to use Dimensional Magic with. They rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [30 May 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I like making bottle cap magnets. :)

    Happy Memorial Day!

    Enjoy your week,
    LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on May. 30, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Going to put it together tonight!! Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete