Fall Decor & Subway Art

There is so much I love about Autumn!  I love the crisp air, I love the return of a predictable school day routine and I love knowing that fun in corn mazes with my family is right around the corner!  
I love the smells, I love the chill... it's my favorite time of year!



I especially love the change that September brings... it's the first phase of cozy, holiday decorating and I look forward to it every year.  My friends and family always compliment me on my mantle and shelf displays - so I thought I'd share a few easy tips that help me plan my decor.  

FIRST... Decide on a focal point.  
That one is easy for me, because I always use my latest subway art print as my eye catcher.  

My September/Fall Subway Art is in my Shop {HERE}.

SECOND... Always vary and mix sizes textures!! 
In this display, I used burlap, wood/sticks/pinecones, smooth candles (big and small) and torn fabric on my wreath.

THIRD... Layer, layer, layer!  
Position your main pieces first (like the frame and larger items like the candle sticks).  Next bring in smaller accents (like the pine cones and leaves).  Then, polish the look off with things that tie it all together - like in the photo above, I added a few a few small squares of burlap and ran twine through the entire display.

Easy!  Leave me a comment if you have other decorating tips that help you!

DON'T FORGET TO USE A COUPON!
Use COLETTE to save 20% on any purchase, or use CANVAS30 for 30% off $10+




Happy Fall!


Don't miss new printables, freebies and discounts!
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST or SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER
SHOP NOW  | WHAT IS SCRAPBOOK MAX?  |  TERMS OF USE  |  DISCLOSURE  |  CONTACT


2 comments

  1. Thanks for the tips. Your mantels always look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!

    So I have a question. Do you take requests??? Because I just found this awesome quote that I really want to put up in my house... "The things I do today could affect someone's forever."

    I printed out the YW Values that you did. They're going up in our hallway!! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete