Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Sad Goodbye...


I gotcha with that post title, didn't I!?  Sorry.  I couldn't resist. :)

Truthfully, I'm only saying goodbye to my mantle.  Me and my mantle are BFF's and I might need a tissue or two to get over it.  I love to dress and decorate it, I love the red wall behind it, I love the detail work and the color... but it is time to part.  We've rented this home since our big cross-country move and when a fabulous new home came on the market in our neighborhood, we knew it was time for us to commit and buy a piece of New Jersey.  We are so happy here and are very excited to be deepening our roots.  We'll be closing tomorrow, moving in this week and I couldn't be more happy!!!  If you can imagine, my mind has gone wild with decorating and organizing projects; many of which will result in fun new printables to share.  I can't wait to show you my new home and invite you in for lots and lots more projects to come.

While I settle in... I will be closing my shop temporarily, but plan to re-open it on or before March 19th.  I'll still have access to my email - so if you have any printable emergencies, just email me and I'm sure we can work something out. (colette@mycomputerismycanvas.com)

Thanks for reading, thanks for commenting... thanks for becoming such a fun group of online friends!  If you would like, you may leave your mantle condolences as a comment.

:)


9 comments:

Lacie said...

That was not funny!!! :)

Rebecca@Trial Error and Triumph said...

You got me! LOL. I was screaming noooooo and then I read the actual post. :-) I have to say that I love your mantle as well. It's perfect but I'm so happy for you with the purchase of your new home. I hope the move is an easy one. Packing is never fun is it? It will be so worth it though. Can't wait to see pictures of the new place. :-) See you in a week or so.

Becky aka tata! said...

That scared me!!!!! I will miss your mantle as well!!! Congratulations on the new house!!!

Jennifer J said...

You scared me. I hope your moving experience is safe and uneventful. I'm looking forward to seeing your new home and what you do with it.

Alison said...

You seriously scared me there! Akk! ;) Good luck with the big move & congratulations!!!

Darlene Bond said...

My heart seriously skipped a beat when I read your title...but leaving that mantel would be quite sad.

nikib4kids said...

Agh!!! I'm so happy that you are getting your own home and that we are not losing you!!! Good luck with your move and all that is involved!!

Beth said...

I am hoping your new home has a mantle - I love your revolving mantle decor! Congrats on the new home and best of luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

Colette, Whoever rents this house in the future will never do this mantle justice...I know it will miss you. Condolences to the old mantle...congratulations to your new one!! Liana