Friday, January 13, 2012

Valentine Freebie & a Peak at My Memories Suite


I was recently contacted by the gals at "My Memories Suite" and was asked if I'd be interested in giving their digital scrapbooking software a test drive.  I am a lover of all things digital and I'm always open to try something new... so I've been playing with it a bit and have had alot of fun! 

Wanna see my first project?

I started by opening a new file and setting my paper size to 8.5x11.  Easy.  Liking it so far!


Next... I selected my background color.  Wow.  Easy again!

I added a couple of text boxes and I loved how the panel on the right side opened up and showed me all the fun options I had with my text!  EASY!!


Of course, then I spent a few minutes adjusting fonts because I am a font crazed woman.  All of my regular fonts were available and easy to choose from. 

Next I added a heart shape and a handy little menu popped open on the right.  I really like those menus on the sides.  Very cool and very easy to navigate.  I played on it all afternoon and learned tons of easy tricks by watching some tutorials on their YouTube channel {HERE}- such an easy program to learn and after only one afternoon, I feel like I got a great start!

And remember... just because it's "scrapbook" design software... that doesn't mean it's only meant for scrapbooking. You can create printables, tags, signs, your own subway art, blog graphics - ANYTHING and it's WAY easier than regular graphic design software or learning PhotoShop.




I made my first My Memories project into a freebie for everyone! 


Wouldn't it be fun to be able to create your own printables, in the colors you want, when you want it and with the ideas you have swirling around in your head?  Creating printables and digital are is so fun... I hope you'll give it a try!

"STMMMS37341" to save $10 off your order

Linking up with... http://www.somewhatsimple.com/


Don't miss new printables, freebies and discounts!
FOLLOW ME ON FB | FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST | SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER


I USE SCRAPBOOK MAX TO DESIGN ALL OF MY PRINTABLES.
Click HERE to get a free 30 trial of this fun, easy & awesome software!

* My Memories provided me with a free My Memories Suite software download in order to try, review and to write my opinions in this post. The opinions contained in this post are based on my own experience with this product.


69 comments:

DougandSheilah said...

I like them all but to pick out just one I'll go with the calender year. I like by scrapbooks to be a yearly progression so this kit would work great.

Kari said...

All of the kits look wonderful, but I like the calendar year.

Katrina said...

I like the calendar year as well - pretty versatile with lots of options!

Katrina said...

I became a facebook fan of My Memories.

Kari said...

I have liked them on Facebook and told them Colette sent me!

Katrina said...

And I just became a follower of their blog.

Kari said...

And lastly, I have started to follow their blog!

Katrina said...

And I downloaded your freebie....what fun! A freebie that helps you win something too!

Dazzlyn said...

downloaded your freebie....thanks

Robyn said...

I'm pretty sure I could get lost on that site for hours, so after a quick look, I really like the Beach Break kit--it has such great colors! I would like to find something really versatile so that I can do digital scrapbook pages for everyone for Christmas next year. (Some creative genius came up with that idea--isn't it great? wink, wink!)

Robyn said...

I am now a fan of theirs on FB

Robyn said...

I am following their blog

Robyn said...

I downloaded the freebie! (Super cute, as always!)

Dave and Marilyn said...

I would choose Fairy Tale Endings digital kit as I want to make a book for my daughter's 5th year of life and she loves all things princess!

Dave and Marilyn said...

"liked" them on facebook and left a comment that Colette sent me.
Marilyn H

Mindie Hilton said...

I would love for you to join my weekly linky every fri-monday. I am also having a Valentine contest starting on the 16th this monday. Link up old and new Valentine posts for a chance to win :)
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

Wendy Bruce said...

Wow - there are so many wonderful kits available. I would have to pick Frosted. I'm going through snow withdrawals and this will help once we get some!!

Wendy Bruce said...

I liked their facebook page and commented that Colette sent me!

Wendy said...

I am now a blog follower!

Wendy said...

AND I just downloaded another freebie from you!

Thanks for making me look so awesome - well, until I tell them my secret is my computer is my canvas!

Lesley said...

I liked them on facebook and downloaded the freebie. Thanks! I like how the program looks easy to use.

Alison said...

Adorable freebie Colette!! I checked out their site and really like their kit called "All in a day pink bliss." Thanks for the chance to enter.

just jayma said...

Thank you for the sweet little freebie! Thank you!

Alison said...

I now like them on Facebook and told them you sent me their way. ;)

Alison said...

Following their blog now. :)

Alison said...

Downloaded your cute freebie. Thanks!

just jayma said...

I love the Dream Big kit...Love the colors!

just jayma said...

I liked them on FB, made sure to tell them you sent me!

just jayma said...

I follow their blog now, there were more freebies on there, too! Thanks!

Claudia said...

Colette,
I love the at the museum dinosaur kit...my little guy loves dinos and this would be awesome!

Claudia said...

Just liked and commented on their face book page

Debbie said...

I would choose the "Sugar Kissed Combo".

Debbie said...

I like My Memories on Facebook and left a comment saying that you sent me.

Debbie said...

I am following My Memories on Twitter and I'm following their blog on Reader.
My birthday is the 15th. I think that this would be an awesome gift, lol!

Debbie said...

I downloaded your freebie!

Claudia said...

I'm now following the "My Memories" blog!! Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

I love the some birdy love you kit

Julie said...

liked them on facebook told them you sent me

Julie said...

follow them on twitter

Julie said...

downloaded your cute valentines freebie

Valerie said...

Of course I downloaded the CUTE Valentines freebie. Thank you!!!

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

Yeah another blog to follow! I went to their site and they have the CUTEST kits! So many too! Right now I like the 'Tooth Tale' kit-my little kiddo is sproutin teeth as fast as he can and is loving being able to brush his teeth like Mom and Dada do! I also went and 'Liked' them on FB-hopefully some of my friends will go and look at them too! Your freebie is cute-I am downloading it right now! :)

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

Oh! And I also left a comment on their wall saying you sent me over! ;)

Ren said...

I like the "Waiting on Santa" kit if I had to pick just one.

Ren said...

And, I downloaded your freebie!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Piefectionist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

also downloading your freebie! and liked the facebooke page!

Christine said...

I love the elegant valentines!

dihamr said...

A Winter Walk kit looks beautiful.

dihamr said...

Liked on FB...thanks for sending me there :)

dihamr said...

Following on Twitter

Teri@The Freshman Cook said...

I love the Beach Break kit.

Teri@The Freshman Cook said...

I liked My Memories on Facebook, & I left them a message saying you sent me. Thanks!

CRAFTING WITH KIDS 2 said...

I love that you included the fact that they have a youtube tutorial. I'm very visual and love to watch the process. Thank you for giving us the special code to receive $$$ off the purchase. I will purchase it immediately. I love, love, love your site and have recommended it to all my digital and creative friends. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl Free said...

I like the Its Snow Fun Kit ヅ *Thanks* for the giveaway!
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Cheryl Free said...

I Like MyMemories on Facebook
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Cheryl Free said...

Following @MyMemoriesSuite on Twitter
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Cheryl Free said...

I downloaded the freebie ヅ
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Downloaded after purchase S'More Snowman Love It! Following My Memories on Facebook Great Site

Anonymous said...

Following on the MYMemories Blog site -the designers are very talented & the kits are wonderful especially love what Mags Graphics did with her S'more kits

kirsti said...

I've downloaded my freebie:)Thanks so much for making cute things for all of us!!

Kirsti said...

I like MyMemories on Facebook and I left them a cute little comment telling them that you sent me:)

Kirsti said...

Following their blog and sign up on their mailing list.

Kirsti said...

I like the *Warm Winter Wishes* kit.

Kathy said...

Downloaded my freebie. Thanks! And checked out their website. No Pirates is my favorite!

Whitney said...

I like on facebook.

Whitney said...

I'm really into grey and yellow right now so the ColorFIX mellow yellow pack is catching my eye.

Kellie said...

Thanks so much for the printable! :)