Saturday, January 21, 2012

{Old & New} Valentine Banners


I. LOVE. BANNERS.

They add such a whimsical element to any mantle or doorway.  Although I still love the banner I made last year, I am loving the pennant style this year and had to make a new one.  The first one comes with a full alpha, so you can spell anything with it.  Interestingly enough, it's actually been used quite often for baby showers because of the color scheme. The new one comes with your basic Valentine's Day phrases like "Be My Valentine", "I {heart} U" and "XOXOXOXO".   I debated whether or not to "retire" my original banner... but decided to keep them both.  You can pick either one up in my shop anytime.



Even though I've used Scrapbook Max now for almost 5 years - and thought I was a pro - I've been like a kid in a candy store learning some "back door" tricks lately.  I've been scouring the designers forums on their website and when I learned how to FINALLY make any paper element into a photo shape (like the pennant triangle), I've been twitterpated with it once again!  Such an easy program, yet obviously there is still more for me to learn. 

Which is easier/funner for you?  To design your own or grab one that's already done?




Linking up with...

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I LOVE your banners and am loving the square one especially.

Lacie said...

I love them both. Might have to make both and switch them out every week ;)