Tuesday, January 24, 2012

An Easy Valentine Gift...


Need an easy and inexpensive gift for grandma or daddy?  I did this two years ago and it's one of my favorite framed pictures of my kids.  It's displayed all year long in my bedroom (with the actual letters), but at Valentine's I love to put it out in our family room for all to see.  Such cute faces, love them so much.

I bought cardboard letters from Michael's, spray painted them black, then ModPodged scrapbook paper on the front. You can get wood letters as well - sometimes they even come already painted white.  I've also seen some DARLING glitter letters that would be fun - so you don't even have to pull out the ModPodge if you don't want to (or just some print off your computer).  Walmart and Target have a great selection of inexpensive, multi picture frames... perfect for a project like this.  If you have more or less than 4 kids, have them pose for more than one letter or choose a word that has the right number of letters for your family.  Fun, easy and sentimental makes for my favorite kind of gifts or project. 





Linking with....

1 comments:

Alison said...

Totally adorable idea! <3