Tuesday, November 9, 2010

*CUTE* Holiday Paint Cans!!


Have you ever seen a paint can as cute as this?

Just So Scrappy has really outdone herself this time!  She just added this super fun holiday paint can pattern to her online store!  Plus, you don't even need an editing program to make one.  Once you purchase a kit (for only $1 by the way)... all you have to do is print each element.  Everything is sized perfectly for you!  


Are you kidding?  I love *ANYTHING* I can tie with ribbon!


I bought my paint cans at Lowe's today for about $3.  I printed her patterns on white cardstock and used double sided tape to attach the paper to the can.  I tried ModPodging my first one (because I'm addicted) but it didn't turn out too well.  So... I'll be sticking to just cardstock and tape for now.  It takes 3 pages to print each kit - the main wrapper is printed twice to go all the way around the can, then the gift tag and lid topper print together.  Each can took me about 10 minutes and was super easy.

What a fun gift for friends and neighbors... filled with a yummy holiday treat of course!

Take a look at these fun patterns!


Just So Scrappy is *MY FAVORITE DESIGNER* and I love promoting her scrappy art any chance I get.  I want you to know, I did not get my kits for free to do this post... I buy all of my kits like everyone else and I am doing it because I just love her designs and want to share her talent with my readers!


You can also check out her blog HERE.


15 comments:

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

That is just so creative! Thanks for sharing.

Marguerite said...

I am loving this! I also love the birthday binder file I won in your giveaway. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Mindy said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing! I saw you on "My Backyard Eden."

Sharon said...

How cute! a very good idea.

Kileen said...

Such a cute idea!

Robyn said...

Love these!! Can you suggest any options for printing other than at home. Thanks for sharing!!!
Robyn

Mindi said...

Cute stuff, of course! I had made alot of these back in the day. I went to a smaller paint store, explained I wanted a couple tins, and they actually gave them to me for free cause they thought I was crazy! He said anytime I want them, come get them! Never hurts to go to the local guys and bat the eyes!! ;)

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Those are darling. What a cute gift idea.
Brooke

Colette said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Robyn... All of the images are JPEGS, so I'm betting you could upload them to a photo lab and have each sheet printed as an 8x10. Then, just cut and assemble from there. That photo/glossy look would be so nice!

Hope that helps!

judith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leasa said...

I love them. I have done these before on my own and spent way more time getting the sizes right and that kind of thing but I may just have to make it easier on myself and buy her templates. These are a great and fun idea. You can also do the quart size cans for smaller gifts.

Jana said...

So cute! I am heading off for the Seattle CKC scrapbooking convention in on hours. You have given me some inspiration for my scrapping shopping.

New follower, you can follow me back at www.adoctorandanurse.com or www.myseasonality.com. Thanks for sharing. Jana

Brandy said...

I love this, I haven't seen these before!!

kate said...

i love paint can crafts! so cute

Cassie said...

Oh yeah!!!
Ribbon rocks!!!!
=)