Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Annual Family Scrapbook Exchange

In 2006, we started a family scrapbook page exchange instead of a typical gift exchange and it is my MOST FAVORITE tradition.  We love it and it's much more meaningful than a sweater or CD.  It works like this... each family creates a two-page layout that depicts their family for that year - then duplicates it (several times) in order to exchange pages with everyone in the family.  For me - having enough for both sides (plus a copy for each set of grandparents and a copy for myself) meant I had to make 14, 2-page layouts! 

It was a nightmare that first year... I can't even tell you how EXPENSIVE it was getting all the prints, the paper and the embellishments.  Not to mention the hours and hours and hours it took to put them all together! You can see that 2006 was truly a labor of love and that's when I wised up and turned to digital scrapbooking.  Easy... Inexpensive... and in the process, we are creating amazing family albums that I hope are passed down for many generations.

Since then, I've used Scrapbook MAX!  for EVERYTHING I do.  I've learned how to design my own blog background, blog graphics, all of my fun printables AND everything my Etsy Shop.

What's your favorite family/holiday tradition?







I am participating in Infarrantly Creative and Tatertots and Jello’s Blog Hop for a chance to win a Mint Cleaner. It is the revolutionary machine that cleans your hard floor surfaces for you.
 
Click here to join the blog hop and a chance to win!Mint_cloth2
The Mint Cleaner is available at the following places:
Amazon
The Mint Cleaner
HSN
Bed, Bath & Beyond






Also linked with:
Scrapbook Week  Scrappy Gifts  Memories by Christine
http://twelvecraftstillchristmas.blogspot.com/
....
....

3 comments:

Scrappy Gifts said...

What a great idea! I wish I could get my family to do a scrapbook exchange. Fabulous layouts too - love all the journaling you were able to fit on there.
I'd love if you linked up to my Scrappy Saturdays! http://www.scrappy-gifts.com/2010/07/20th-scrappy-saturdays.html

Kaysi said...

Those are great ideas!! A scrapbook exchange sounds like a great idea, thanks for sharing!!

Christine:) said...

What a neat idea! I LOVE the scrapbooking exchange concept:) Thank you for linking up!!